Pregnancy care and classes
Antenatal Care Services
This is a collaborative decision between the woman, the Obstetrician and a member of the MotherNurture team.
We aim to have at least three visits with most clients. This would usually include a long, short antenatal appointment and a Maternity care planning appointment.
The frequency of our visits and how we will work with your GP or Obstetrician will be discussed at the first appointment.
At this stage all in-hospital treatment will be the sole responsibility of the Obstetrician including all labour and birth care.
Below are the services provided antenatally:
- Standard Antenatal Observations for both the Mother and Fetus
- All Standard tests ordered and reviewed (Bloods, ultrasounds, swabs, Anti-D as indicated)
- Education focusing on your current stage in the pregnancy
- Education on what to expect in labour and birth whatever your choices are, we spend time with you and your partner to help you feel more confident and prepared for your new parenting role
- Education on breastfeeding and early newborn care