Antenatal Care Services
Our antenatal care is an inclusive process that involves mother-to-be, Obstetrician/GP and your MotherNurture consultant.
We typically provide at least three visits with clients, including two antenatal appointments, and a maternity care planning appointment.
The frequency of our visits and how we will work with your GP or Obstetrician will be discussed at the first appointment.
All in-hospital treatment will remain the responsibility of the Obstetrician/GP including all labour and birth care.
Below are the services provided as part of our antenatal care:
- Standard Antenatal Observations for both the Mother-to-be and baby
- All standard tests ordered and reviewed (bloods, ultrasounds, swabs, Anti-D as indicated)
- Education focusing on your current and upcoming stages of pregnancy
- Education on what to expect in labour and birth, keeping in focus your choices and preferences, we spend time with you and your partner to help you feel more confident and prepared for the birth and your new parenting role
- Education on breastfeeding and early newborn care
Postnatal Care Services
Our postnatal care is tailored to suit each individual family. For the first three weeks after birth, our service involves home visits for clients living within 10km of Adelaide’s CBD. In the following three weeks, appointments are generally held in either of our clinic locations; Golden Grove, Brighton or Cambelltown.
Initially, visits are twice weekly to support bonding, settling, breastfeeding and adapting to a new baby. Appointments are then scheduled weekly or as required by the client.
MotherNurture will modify the schedule and focus of visits to suit each family’s needs.
MotherNurture also offers a phone support service to all clients which is made available between 8am and 8pm, 7 days a week.
Clients may be eligible for Medicare Rebates on home and clinic visits. Please click here for our flyer which includes our fee schedule.
The services provided postnatally include:
- Settling and routine guidance
- Breastfeeding support
- Monitoring baby’s weight and measurements
- Mother and newborn postnatal checks
- Education and advice specific to the development of your baby
- Baby care advice
- Providing written resources as appropriate to support our advice and education
- Wound care (in consultation with your Obstetrician or GP as required)
Please note that we work closely with your own Obstetrician/Paediatrician and GP to provide these services.
All listed services are available for for as long as required however will only be eligible for Medicare rebates for the first seven postnatal weeks.
Golden Grove 5125
580 Lower North East Road
CAMPBELLTOWN SA 5074
501A Brighton Rd,